Student Housing Caen Stanford
Area : from 18 m²
All flats are furnished and equipped. They feature a kitchenette with a ceramic hob, a microwave, a fridge, base and wall units and a shower.
539 € /Month
Every year, more than 30,000 students come to study on Caen’s various university campuses and in its training centres. The University of Caen, founded in 1432, is also one of the oldest in France.
Caen, a great student town
The Norman city is well-known in France for its university and is very cultural. Caen is also known for its events and nightlife Last year, the city was ranked 5th in a list by L’Étudiant for its events and nightlife, particularly thanks to its carnival and rue Ecuyère, which is very popular with young students. When the sun comes out, you can reach the region’s beaches by car or bus. Planning a weekend away with friends? Head to England! The port of Ouistreham is just 15 minutes from the city! A host of advantages which make Caen a great place to live for young students.
All that’s left is to find student housing in Caen for these new arrivals – like a Nemea Appart’Etud student flat. They provide comfort, services and safety during your studies or your internship. The Stanford residence is situated on campus 4, close to campus 5. No need to take public transport to get to classes in the morning! The tramline to reach the city centre stops nearby and shops are 10 minutes’ walk away.
Good to know: the “Students in Caen” campaign, organised by the town hall, offers students reduced rates when attending concerts, shows or sports events in the city. Enjoy!
Access to the residence Stanford
Location of the residence (average time):
- close to UFR Sc. économiques et de gestion,
- 3 minutes’ walk from IAE and Ecole de Management de Normandie (Normandy Management School),
- 3 minutes’s walk from UFR de Médecine,
- 12 minutes’ walk from UFR de Pharmacie,
- 5 minutes via tram A to IUT de Caen
- 10 minutes via tram A to Campus 1
- The city centre and the Château de Caen are 12 minutes away via tram A.
- SNCF train station, 17 minutes via tram A
The NEMEA Appart’Etud Stanford residence is ideally situated: close to universities, culture and shops with the Côte de Nacre shopping centre less than 10 minutes’ walk away.
10 rue Professeur Joseph Rousselot
At the heart of the University of Caen, the NEMEA Appart’Etud Stanford residence has plenty to offer when it comes to your studies:
- near campus 4 (Economics/Management) and campus 5 (Health)
- close to tram A – Claude Bloch stop – 10 minutes from campus 1 (law, human sciences, languages), 12 minutes from Caen’s city centre and 6 minutes from campus 2 (sciences – IUT)
- less than 10 minutes’ walk from the Côte de Nacre shopping centre
The 150 convenient, comfortable flats feature:
- An equipped kitchenette with storage, a ceramic hob, a microwave and a fridge.
- a shower room with a WC and heated towel rail,
- a living room with a pull-out bed, a table, chairs, a desk, a wardrobe and shelving,
- a TV and phone point,
Along with taxes and charges, the rent includes:
- hot water in the flat,
- the building’s shared facilities,
- maintenance of interior and exterior communal areas,
- cold water for the flat,
- electricity and water in communal areas,
- Use of reception facilities, internet access, common room, gym and loan of a vacuum cleaner/iron
Tenants are liable for:
- mandatory tenant insurance (tenants can take this out at the residence’s office),
- the standing charge and electricity used in the flat,
- repairs to any damage caused to the flat and its contents,
- tenancy-related taxes,
- keeping the flat and its contents in good condition,
- application fees and the deposit payable upon the signing of the contract
Yes, but moderate.